Category: Drinks, Summer Recipes
Cooking Method: Freezing
Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins
We had almost summer-like weather a week before. Something cool and refreshing is what we needed to beat the heat. Ice creams, Juices, and sorbets were on our list. I was running out of some ingredients needed for ice cream and juices were a regular affair in the house, I decided to do this watermelon sorbet. This Sorbet is easy to make and uses only three main ingredients. It is very refreshing, tasty, and healthy too. You can also do this sorbet with cantaloupe or muskmelon too. Do try this watermelon sorbet to beat the summer heat.
- Main Ingredients
- Clean and chop the watermelon into small cubes. Freeze them overnight.
- Next day, remove the frozen watermelon cubes and place them in a food processor. Pulse them on frequent intervals. Add two tsp of honey and lemon juice to it and pulse again.
- The frozen watermelon will become smooth as ice cream. Transfer the contents to a freezer-safe container and chill for another two hours.
- Scoop out this soft, refreshing watermelon sorbet to the serving bowls and garnish with mint leaves.
- I prefer chopping the watermelon into small cubes to make the grinding process easier.
- I have used honey as a sweetener. You can replace it with regular sugar or maple syrup too.
- I have chilled the sorbet after grinding them. You can scoop and serve as soon as it is grounded. It will still retain the softness.