Category: Breakfast, Dinner, Healthy Cooking
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 3 Hr Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 3 Hr 10 Mins
Proteins are the building blocks of life. Agreed!!! While there are so many advertisements on protein powders and shakes, why not we try including proteins our way – The Indian way!! This moong dal dosa is inspired by the pesarattu. I follow the same procedure as I do for it. They can be prepared for a hearty breakfast or a fulfilling dinner. Just give it a time of three hours and you are all set for a yummy mealtime. I usually do not add rice to this, as it is good by itself sans the carbs from rice. If you wish to, you can also top off the dosa with grated carrots, beets, or even finely chopped onion for the extra flavor and goodness from the vegetables along with the proteins from the moong dal dosa.
- Measure and soak the moong dal in water for 4 hours. After this, drain and wash the dal.
- Grind the moong dal along with green chili and ginger to a smooth batter. Transfer to a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add jeera and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix them well.
- Heat a dosa Tawa and spread the moong dal batter in a circular motion. Drizzle oil and cook for about one minute. Flip over to the other side and cook till done.
- Serve these soft and hot dosas with any chutney of your choice. We had them with Carrot chutney.
- Instead of ground ginger, you can also finely chop them and add them to the batter.
- You can also add a tbsp of rice while you soak the dal and grind them together.
- Top off the moong dal dosa with any shredded vegetables like cabbage, carrots, and beets.