Category: Healthy Cooking, Sweets
Cooking Method: Baking
Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
Vanilla cake is a classic favorite for many. It is always easy to find recipe cake recipes with eggs against the eggless ones. For an experimenting baker like me, this recipe from Martha Stewart’s collection is a foolproof one. You can always increase or decrease the proportions given here and bake a yummy vanilla cake. I baked this for this Christmas special and sharing here with my readers.
Wishing all who celebrate this festival – A very happy Christmas! May the little baby from Bethlehem bring joy and peace in this world.
- Main Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400 F prior to making the cake batter.
- In a wide bowl, sieve the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Repeat this another time to ensure even mixing of ingredients. Set them aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add butter, condensed milk, water and vanilla essence and blend them together. I used my hand mixer to do this. You can also use a manual whisk and blend them in.
- Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients bowl and fold them together. Do not keep mixing them. It is good to fold them together.
- Grease a cake pan and pour in the cake batter to it ( I used my 7-inch cake pan).Tap them gently to have a uniform top layer.
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 400 F for 15 mins. Reduce the temperature to 300 F and bake again for 10 mins. Insert a knife or a toothpick at the center to check if it is done.
- Transfer to a cooling wire rack and allow it to come to room temperature. Dust cocoa powder and icing sugar on top and slice them to serve.
- The sweetness of this cake is from the condensed milk added. Do not decrease the quantity or dilute with more water than mentioned.
- Adding cocoa and icing sugar on top is purely optional. They were just used for garnishing.
- Baking time for the cake depends on the oven. Mine took about 25 mins to get them done.