Category: Fasting Recipes, Festive Recipes, Snack
Cuisine: North Indian
Yields: 5 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 7 Mins Total Time: 12 Mins
A sweet beginning for this Diwali. I am sure that everyone around the globe is gearing up for Diwali celebrations. With Diwali around the corner, the busy ladies will be hitting the kitchen to bring out the flavors for their family and friends. It might not be easy for all the moms to make elaborate festive sweets and savory. For those, who are looking for quick and tasty sweets, this coconut ladoo( Nariyal Ladoo) would definitely help. This ladoo will be definitely a hit even if made by an amateur cook. With just three simple ingredients, it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and serve this yummy ladoo. Do try this simple and tasty ladoo and enjoy it with your family.
- Heat a pan and add one cup of powdered coconut. Roast them in medium flame for 2 minutes, until the raw smell of it disappears.
- Add the half cup of condensed milk to it. Quickly stir them keeping the flame in low. Add 1/2 tsp of ghee if required.
- Keep stirring for 2 – 3 mins until they come together and do not stick to the pan. Switch off the flame and sprinkle a few drops of rosewater if desired. (I did not add rosewater as I wanted to feel the coconut flavor).
- After a minute, grease your palms with the half spoon of ghee and roll them to small ladoos /balls. Serve and enjoy this soft, chewy ladoos. They stay fresh for 2-3 days if refrigerated.
- If you are using fresh coconut, then grate them and finely powder them in a mixer without water. Heat a pan in low flame and roast the coconut until the moisture in them goes away. Make sure you do this in low flame to avoid burning of coconut.
- Adding cardamom or rose water is entirely your discretion. I do not add them to feel the real flavors of coconut.