Carrots have always been in the wishlist for everyone at home. With many variations of this carrot curry around, I have my own version that my LO at home love to eat. With a tint of ginger added, it has a unique flavor and taste. Carrots are rich in beta carotenes and are one of the largest consumed vegetables in the world. Without much more adieu, here I go with my carrot poriyal.
- Main Ingredients
- Tempering Ingredients
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots using the large hole in the grater.
- Heat oil in a Kadai, add the ingredients in the To temper field, one by one, until all splutters. Now add green chilies and ginger pieces too.
- Add the grated carrots to it and stir for 2-3 mins. Sprinkle water and close with a lid
- After 3- 4mins, open lid and add salt and grounded coconut and stir to mix uniformly.
- Place the stove in simmer for 1 – 2 mins and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Carrots are available in different colors like red, white, purple, yellow apart from the routine orange color. Each of these has a different phytochemical like the beta - carotene in orange color carrots, Lycopene in red carrots and etc. Each of these phytochemicals has its own beneficial functions to the body.
- Carrots are one among those top 12 dirty dozens of vegetables. It is always wise to buy organic ones when you find them in your markets.