There are days when the tummy demands some light and easy dinner. On those days, soups and salads are big saviors. Also, they are highly nutritious as there is less cooking and hence there is minimal loss of nutrients. While we love tomato soup the best, our new found fa is this CARROT APPLE GINGER SOUP. Carrots are rich in carotenoids – an essential compound needed for great eye-sight. The addition of Ginger to this soup, goes a mild spiciness to this colorful soup. We have loved this soup and tried them many times that it had now become a family favorite.
I have used a pressure cook to boil the vegetables. However you can use a regular pot or an electric pressure cooker for the same. It is an easy to put together one pot dinner that is super healthy and appealing. Serve this piping hot soup with some toasted garlic bread for a sumptuous meal.
- Addition of apples is optional. This gives the soup a sweet taste.
- I have used olive oil to sauté the vegetables. You can also use butter to do the same.
- Replace water with vegetable stock to cook the vegetables.
- I have used pressure cooker to quicken up the process. You can cook the vegetables in a closed pot or an Instant pot.
- Heat the soup after grinding them. Do not let them boil.